Welcome to Texas Christian University!
The purpose of Orientation at TCU is to prepare new students and their families to successful transition in the Horned Frog community.
The program promotes discussion among new students, current students, families, faculty, and staff on the expectations and perceptions of the academic community and campus culture. By attending orientation students will:
• Complete a first semester class schedule in chosen area of study
• Meet with professional advising staff to prepare a schedule
• Gain an understating of the TCU Mission statement and how it relates the academic and campus experiences
• Be introduced to campus resources that support student success
• Meet with current students, faculty, and staff in order to reduce anxiety about the transition to college life
• Understand the necessity of students taking ownership and academic responsibility in their educational process
• Begin to embrace TCU traditions and the spirit of the Horned Frog Community
This website has resources to help you register and prepare to attend Orientation. Orientation is mandatory for all first-year students attending TCU. If you have any questions please contact Student Development Services at (817)257-7855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming Spring 2015 Students:
January Orientation will take place on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 from 8am to 5pm. Registration will open in your My.TCU portal on Monday, November 3, 2014.
First Time in College Students:
January Orientation will take place on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 through Thursday, January 8, 2015. Registration will open in your My.TCU portal on Monday, November 3, 2014.
Incoming Summer and Fall 2015 Students:
Orientation Dates for Summer 2015 will be available on this website beginning Monday, November 3, 2014. Registration will open in your My.TCU portal in February 2015.