Welcome to Texas Christian University!
The purpose of Orientation at TCU is to prepare new students and their families to successful transition in the Horned Frog community.
The program promotes discussion among new students, current students, families, faculty, and staff on the expectations and perceptions of the academic community and campus culture. By attending orientation students will:
• Complete a first semester class schedule in chosen area of study
• Meet with professional advising staff to prepare a schedule
• Gain an understating of the TCU Mission statement and how it relates the academic and campus experiences
• Be introduced to campus resources that support student success
• Meet with current students, faculty, and staff in order to reduce anxiety about the transition to college life
• Understand the necessity of students taking ownership and academic responsibility in their educational process
• Begin to embrace TCU traditions and the spirit of the Horned Frog Community
This website has resources to help you register and prepare to attend Orientation. Orientation is mandatory for all first-year students attending TCU. If you have any questions please contact Student Development Services at (817)257-7855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming Spring 2015 Students:
January Orientation will take place on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 from 8am to 5pm. Registration is now open in your My.TCU portal.
First Time in College Students:
January Orientation will take place on Wednesday, January 7, 2015 through Thursday, January 8, 2015. Registration is now open in your My.TCU portal.
Incoming Summer and Fall 2015 Students:
Orientation Dates for Summer 2015 are listed below. Registration will open in your My.TCU portal in February 2015.
2015 Orientation Sessions Dates
|Summer Session 1
||Thursday, June 4- Friday, June 5
|Summer Session 2
||Monday, June 8- Tuesday, June 9
|Summer Session 3
||Thursday, June 11- Friday, June 12
|Summer Session 4
||Monday, June 15- Tuesday, June 16
|Summer Session 5
||Thursday, June 18- Friday, June 19
|Summer Session 6
||Monday, June 22- Tuesday, June 23
|Summer Session 7
||Thursday, June 25- Friday, June 26
|Summer Session 8
||Sunday, June 28- Monday, June 29
|Transfer Session A
||Tuesday, June 30
|Summer Session 9*
||Wednesday, August 12- Thursday, August 13
|Transfer Session B
||Friday, August 14
|Summer Session 10*
||Sunday, August 16- Monday August 17
*August Sessions are reserved for out-of-state students.